Saturday, January 29, 2011

First Submission

I've been working on my novel now for roughly six years. As it gets closer to completion, I've begun pondering the daunting task of getting it published. I've been rather smug in the past, attending Ye Olde Writer's Group, secure that my ego has yet to take any knocks from a Rejection Letter. Because I've never actually submitted anything.

But those halcyon days have come to an end.

About six months ago, I began working on short stories with the aim of getting them published. Or, at the very least, thickening my skin in regards to rejection. And yesterday, I sent out my first submission, to Strange Horizons. So anytime withing the next 7 weeks, I should now if I'll be (before taxes)roughly 300 dollars richer or still one of the unpublished millions. Probablythe latter. But this is how it gets done, I'm told, and we shall see.

I'll be sure to quote any pithy rejection zingers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment