Monday, March 17, 2014

Pandora!!!!

So, at one time, roughly two years ago, I was listening to Pandora Radio quite a bit. I stopped after a while because, for some reason, Pandora can't get it through its stupid algorithm the fact that I can't stand The Lord of the Rings soundtrack. Can't stand it. I hate the damn movies and I hate the damn score.

I typically listened to my John Williams station and would up vote anything by him, Hans Zimmer (especially The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises),Basil Polidouris, James Horner (Khan!!!!) Of course this means I would get a lot of Star Wars, Indiana Jones and The Wrath of Khan (which is great writing music, by the way). And I am more than OK with all of that. They're like the symphonic score to my childhood. 

But I would down vote Howard Shore's music at every turn. 

It got to the point where I would put Pandora on so that I could listen to music while doing the dishes every night and I was continuously taking a break to dry my hands and then scramble for the little 'Thumbs Down' icon whenever it tried to float the score form that turd of a movie trilogy past me. So, I took a break from Pandora and eventually just made a couple of great playlists of my own on iTunes.

Fast forward to about three weeks ago, I finally joined the 21st century and got a Smart Phone that had Pandora already installed. I thought, "What the heck? I'll give it another try."

 And you know what?

 Effing Pandora still insists on trying to make me like this craptastic music by pushing it on my every other effing song!!!!

Ugh. Back to iTunes. Which is too bad, because Pandora has introduced me to a few gems, most notably Lindsey Stirling's Legend of Zelda Medley. It's awesome. But I spent too much on this phone to chuck it through a window when it really isn't the phones fault at all. 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Why does Pandora love the Lord of the Rings music so much? I like the soundtracks, but not more than a bazillion other soundtracks.

    Given that I already own a bazillion other soundtracks, my interest in Pandora is somewhat limited, though. I tend to spend more time on the 80s channels than on the soundtrack channels.

    ReplyDelete